Singapore Malaysia Tour-21st Dec to 31st Dec
Adventure Tour,Family Tour
I thank you for arranging the subject trip on time even though it was finalized in last two weeks of the travel day. Special thanks to Jayarajbhai, Amitbhai and Vidhimam. I gathered my experience of the trip which is narrated below along with recommendations. Few photographs are attached of the trip as requested.
Overall trip was exiting with adventures and filled with unforgettable sightseeing.
Trip: Singapore and Malaysia Tour (21st Dec to 31st Dec 2019)
Overall Summary: We (Family-Four members) enjoyed 6 days stay in Singapore and 5 days in Malaysia including travelling days. We booked our itinerary through Flamingo Transworld in Ahmedabad, India. The trip was with amazing rides, full of enjoyment, wonderful sightseeing, delicious Asian vegetarian food and lot of unforgettable activities and memories. We stayed in hotel apartment (2 bed rooms) in both countries and were very convenient. In Singapore; Sentosa, Universal studio, Singapore Zoo were amazing. In Malaysia, Twin & KL tower, Sunway lagoon and Genting highland cable car were exiting experience. Flamingo staff were very supportive. I get timely support whenever required even at very early morning in India (4-5 am)-Special thanks to Amitbhai. Pretrip briefing by Flamingo was very useful.
Visa and Flights: We took evisa. We get Malaysia visa in two days and Singapore in 3 days even during Dec holidays pick time. The only hurdle is to attach photo in online application for Malaysia visa during which one may need to do many trials as I did before website accept the photo according to their norms. We booked Oman Air from Qatar to Singapore via Muscat and Malaysia as transits. There is enough time for transit in Muscat but only an hour in Malaysia. In Malaysia Airport the terminals are far of arrival and departure through transit. We reached through aero train to departure terminal. At the embarkation from Flight in Malaysia; Oman air staff was available at the outlet of air bridge or you can say standing for guiding to reach to gate of other terminal to catch flight in a short time of an hour. We could catch Malaysia to Singapore flight without any delay but could not get enough time to get refreshed however, our check-in baggage could not reach to Singapore with our flight from Malaysia. What we heard from the Singapore airport authorities is that it is frequently happening but not to worry as you would have your baggage available within same day via next couple of flights as there are many flights between ML to Singapore. They were correct, my luggage reached in next flight and airport authority has delivered in night to my Hotel without any damage to baggage. I could wait 2-3 hours at Changi airport to get my baggage but prefer to checkin to hotel to get some rest. Singapore airport authority deliver baggage in night time only (8 pm to 11 pm) if you need them early you can go to airport to collect.
From Singapore to Malaysia we traveled through Airasia flight-very convenient flight. But at Malaysia airport it took about 3 hours to clear Immigration (due to several flights arrived same time and renovation work at airport). The airport authority has not managed efficiently the immigration, the crowd and queues-very inconvenient. From Singapore to Doha via Muscat was very convenient experience in flight.
Overall there is not much hurdle for immigration accepts the long waiting time in Malaysia where the queue was very long and no refreshment. In case of small kids, it would be exhausting. Singapore is easy for immigration even departure time, we preferred e-gate without standing in queue-very easy.
Sightseeing in Singapore:
1) On reaching hotel in Singapore, I purchased Simcard (12 SGD and valid for 7 days)which is must to communicate with travel agents, home and to start Whatsup, facebook etc…it gives certain GB 4G/5G connection and enough talk time including somewhat 100 minutes international call. This SIMCARD is must and first to purchase in Singapore as well in Malaysia.
2) Marina Bay Bicycle tour (2-3 hours in evening) was very informative during which we get overall view of the city. The guide was very humble and we did 15 km cycling with family. As the climate was supporting, the cycling was not exhausting but enriching experience. I recommend this cycling over the experiential city tour with guide during which the guide took us or can say has shown us through almost same sights as the city/country is very small.
3) Santosa (timing 10:00 to 18:00), It is best experience in Singapore where we enjoyed Cable car (Oneway), Luge and Skyline, all 5 shows of 4D, Wings of time Laser show in the night (not to miss this), Sea Aquarium (near Univeral studio), Typhoon theater and veg Asian food near the Wings of time area (only one restaurant) , Madame tusaads Museum. We could not complete Santosa in a day and nor had time to go again. I recommend to go at least 11/2 - 2 days as this is the best place to visit in Singapore and Malysia.
4) Universal Studio (timings 09:00to 18:00): best place for rides, On entering the studio, we took first both the rollercoaster (not Egypt one) one red colour and a hanging one white one – this is best experience- don’t miss them. In early morning we found very short queues – take this opportunity and you can ride more than one time if you wish- We did total three times., Take locker inside available for 45 minutes for free, push in boats-a good ride, Galacticca roller coaster is another good one but not compared to above both roller coasters, Jurrasic park screen, push in boats and the old vantage car ride. The queue was very long after 11:00 hours even with express pass. All the rides could not be completed in a day. If wish to cover entire universal studio, need at least 11/2 to 2 days.
5) Singapore zoo(09:00 to 18:00): Little far from city, Best natural zoo where you don’t feel like you are visiting zoo but you feel like you are walking through jungle and meeting many animals. This is the only zoo so far I visited found without any pungent smell and covered with so many trees and kept in clean condition. A fantastic place to visit. Especially, in winter time (less humidity) one enjoys walking through the jungle.
6) Garden by the bay (Flower dome and Cloud forest) and Marina bay hotel: Garden by the bay is very good indoor plants and flowers where we enjoyed taking photographs with flowers and plants. In Marina bay hotel we were allowed to visit limited area of the 56 open floor deck where the other part is only for the hotel guests which is real skypark-a nice place for photography.
7) River cruise (45 minutes), a nice tour but night bicycle tour was comparatively good for those who can ride bicycle for 15 km.
Hotel Apartment Experience in Singapore: Fraser Robertson walk hotel apartment (11 unity street), Location was nice, hotel apartment was very convenient with all amenities like dish washer, washing machine and washing power, two TVs (one in living room and master bed room), iron and all other needs. However, the room service was very stingy in giving tea bags and sugar etc….After I complained after 3 days, the last two days it was slightly improved. The reception staff was very humble and treating customer amiably.
Transport in Singapore: All the transports to sightseeing were on private base; a largest tour operator Nam Ho in Singapore-All drivers were nice and explained properly how to reach to inside each sightseeing after dropping point as well clear guidance or pick up point. They use van of their own company normally but sometimes they send private vehicles of their partners but all vehicles were very convenient. This tour operator is very disciplined one and they expect from customer also same- They were never late by even 1 minute and expect from customer also the same (they do not wait for more than 5 minutes of the defined time).
I also tried other transportation like (metro, and private taxi) for my night time dinner. I used to go to Mustafa every day for my veg food (very delicious food in Saravana bhavan, ananda bhavan, Komoli, kailash prabhat etc….)
Last day in Singapore: from hotel to Airport drop, Nam Ho has blocked my call to their hotline number so I found little difficulty in finding driver for airport drop facility as she was waiting in another waiting area of the hotel. Nam Ho has neither conveyed my mobile (Singapore number) to driver nor her number to me. This area is required to be improved. Fortunately, I had 2-3 earlier drivers’ number who helped me on time. Special thanks to Rajesh driver who managed my transport even it was not his call of duty to arrange my airport transport
Airport to Hotel in Malaysia: Although there was delay in immigration as explained above, Luxury tour (private booked tour travel for Malaysia as Nam Ho in Singapore) has managed my transport to hotel as all their other customer also delayed in coming out of airport although few flights were on time. First we bought Simcard as did Singapore valid for 30 days with 3G/4G 500 Mb data and enogh free talk time.
Sightseeing in Malaysia:
1) Sunway Lagoon(09:00 to 18:00): Nice place for water rides and few other rides but the place was not as hygiene as Singapore. Scream park was exiting ride. Overall good experience. Driver came on time in morning as well he picked up us at right time in evening even though it was raining.
2) City tour half day (09:00 t0 14:00): Drive reached late by 45 minutes in morning due to which there was a long queue built up at KL tower so it took about 2 hours to visit the deck. Twin tower was very organized and not much waiting time as the tickets shows visit timing which was respected by the tower management. Both the KL and Twintower are recommended for visit as it gives very thrilling view of the city and one can get 360 city view. However, KL tower we visited only observation deck.
3) We went to Putrayjaya in afternoon- A very beautiful boat ride compared to Singapore, this ride is better.
4) Genting Highland: Best Cable car experience-it is much better than the Singapore Sentosa cable car-Although it was one way, I recommend return trip- very nominal price to buy a return ticket from Genting Highland. There were few rides in which my kids enjoyed- we didn’t went to visit Casino as that was not of our choice to visit. However, outside climate was very beautiful, we walked under cloud and enjoyed a lot- Best Asian veg food at Spice Garden-recommend to dine.
On route to Genting we visited Batu cave – A hindu holy place which I recommend not to miss. The given time of 45 minutes was less (we recommend 1 to 11/2 hour) as the place is nice you definitely feel to sit for a while in cave in a very calm and holy environment.
Drive on this tour also reached 30 minutes late due to the mistake of Luxury tour management-The driver was very good person in nature (Shivam actual name Namhoshivam). Flamingo transworld supported to time and return time was delayed by 30 minutes as start was late. Special thanks to Amit who has responded on time in early about 4:00 morning.
5) Airport drop: Luxury tour has arranged on time vehicle with gentle nature driver
The city tour was not exiting as the driver did not take much interest to show the city- For me it was waste of time and money.
Food: Delicious food available at Indian street (Asian veg- Saravana bhavan, Sangeeta etc…) it tooks only 15 MR from hotel to restaurant in taxi.
Hotel Apartment in Malaysia: Ascott hotel is very nice at prime location in city- no issue with room service. A very exiting swimming pool at 22nd floor with sauna bath, gym etc…All rooms were very big and TVs in all the rooms. The hotel is close to twin tower where there is a nice shopping mall as well biggest mall Pavilion is also very close to hotel – a bridge to walk for about 10 minutes to reach so avoid traffic.
Advice/Caution: Be careful in Malaysia to cross the road even Zebra crossing with green light to pedestrian as some vehicle driver do not pay respect to traffic light -they drove through red light as experienced, I observed a near miss to one of the family in Malaysia. Singapore even with green light to vehicle they pay respect to pedestrian.
Mr. Chetan Gandhi | Ahmedabad