Top 6 must do experiences and reasons to visit New Zealand this year
The land of kiwis has some of the best experiences to serve. Known for its impeccable beauty both on land and in the sky, New Zealand welcomes you with a great deal of enthusiasm and zeal this year. The country is a perfect blend of adventure, beauty, sports, and art. New Zealand hosts various events round the year for you to enjoy. Some things you can do in New Zealand this year are –
1. Go Cycling! Safest place to explore by bicycle
New Zealand is known to have some of the best cycling routes in the world. Crankworx is a cycling festival that is considered to be among the best mountain biking festivals around the world. Apart from great cycling activities and routes, Crankworx allows you to watch some adventurous cyclists defy the laws of gravity on their bikes. It’s a must visit event this year during New Zealand Tour! Perfect weather : Maritime Climate (Sunny weather from December to April)
Best Cycle Trail in New Zealand that can’t be miss
- The Timber Trail – Ancient forests & Thrilling suspension bridges
- Otago Central Rail Trail – Grand landscapes
- Hawke’s Bay Trails – Coastal, riverside & rural scenery
- Great Taste Trail – Splendid coastal & rural scenery
- Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail – Scenery sky high to sea level
- Queen Charlotte MB Track – Ever-changing vistas & Bush camps
- Mountains to Sea – Volcanic Tongariro National Park
- Hauraki Rail Trail – Rural scenery & Characterful towns
- Waikato River Trails – Lake and river views
2. Dine with some Wine:
The kiwis are lovers of good food and wines. The best place to enjoy the most boutique wines and amazing food is Waiheke Island. You will find some of the best wineries and cellars in here. To add to the wine and food, the picturesque view and light music is always a compliment. It’s something you will not want to miss and must place to visit !
Best Dine with wine places and experiences in New Zealand
- Waiheke Island (35 minute ferry ride from Auckland)
- Matakana (1 hour drive from Auckland)
- Kumeu (45 minutes drive from Auckland)
- Central Otago (Day trip from Queensland)
3. Take the Lake Taupo challenge:
Taupo is the largest lake in New Zealand. This year, you could take the Taupo challenge and go biking around the Taupo Lake with thousands of other cycling enthusiasts. It is a 160 kilometer ride and you can also complete this ride according to your convenience. With the thrill biking, the beauty acts as the soothing element and adds to the leisure of the ride. Being the perfect amalgamation of thrill and beauty, it is an experience of a lifetime!
4. Visit the Queenstown Winter Festival:
The Queenstown winter festival is an event of great fireworks, extravagant parties, and celebrations. Apart from this festival, Queenstown holds various festivals celebrating music, sports and much more. This winter, you can visit Queenstown to witness some beautiful fireworks, celebrations and also try your hand at skiing.
Festival Dates : 22nd June to 25th June 2017
Activities : Music, DJ’s, Street Parties, Family Fun, Night Events, Comedy Show & madness up the mountain.
5. Look at the clearest sky:
The sky above New Zealand will leave you in an AWE! Canterbury is the ideal place to relax and gaze at the beautiful sky. If you are lucky, you will get to see the Aurora Australis or the Southern Lights. You could also visit the Mt. John observatory and take an unforgettable night sky tour. Go count the stars in the New Zealand sky this year!
6. Catch a Rugby Game:
New Zealand is a place where sports are given great importance. Rugby is one sport which is extremely viewed and played in New Zealand. This year you can take a chance to watch a thrilling match of the All Blacks. You can check the schedule on the website of the All Blacks and try to watch a match on your visit to New Zealand!
So, what are you waiting for? Inquire today for New Zealand Tour packages and Enjoy a fun filled vacation!